The Psychology First-Year Learning Community (FLC) is for students interested in studying Psychology.
If you are accepted into the Psychology FLC, you will be automatically enrolled into the same first-year courses (and accompanying labs and tutorials) as the other members of your FLC. These courses form a part of the Psychology program:
|PSY100H1-F: Introductory Psychology||Psychology FLC: Thursdays 4:00-5:30 p.m.|
For the first two weeks of class, you will meet in your FLC during the scheduled meeting time (Thursdays 4:00 to 5:30 p.m.). After this initial period, your FLC will move to a bi-weekly schedule. Your FLC will meet 13 times over the course of the academic year. To receive the FLC notation on your transcript, you will need to attend 10 of the 13 FLC sessions.
In Arts & Science know things are evolving and with that in mind we’re planning for a flexible approach that will provide students with choices to learn in-person or online. We hope to be able to provide you with a timetable for your FLC-related courses in mid- to late-June. You can view descriptions of the FLC-related courses you will be enrolled in under the “Overview” section.
If you are admitted to the FLC program before 25 July, you will be automatically enrolled into the schedule below. If you are admitted after 25 July, you will only be enrolled into the FLC section and you are responsible for enrolling yourself in the other courses outlined below.
- First-year students in the Faculty of Arts & Science who have been admitted to the Life Sciences admission category on the St. George Campus.
- The Psychology FLCs are open to first-year students living off-campus and students living in a university residence.
- Registration & Notification: Apply to FLC before the deadline of Monday 13 July 2020. You will receive notification if you have been accepted to the program before Thursday 23 July 2020.
- Enrolment: Before Thursday 23 July 2020, students admitted to the Psychology FLC will be automatically enrolled into the core courses outlined above and their FLC session.
- Your Other Courses: Starting on Thursday 23 July 2020, you will begin enrolling into other first-year courses at your scheduled course enrolment time.