The Economics First-Year Learning Community (FLC) is for students interested in studying Economics.
If you are accepted into the Economics FLC, you will be automatically enrolled into the same first-year courses (and accompanying labs and tutorials) as the other members of your FLC. These courses form a part of the Economics program:
|ECO101H1-F: Principles of Microeconomics||Economics FLC: Fridays 2:00-3:30 p.m.|
|ECO102H1-S: Principles of Macroeconomics|
As an Economics FLC student, you are responsible for selecting and enrolling yourself into one of the following calculus courses (*this is a FLC program requirement). Your choice of first-year calculus course depends of your planned program of study:
|MAT133Y1-Y: Calculus and Linear Algebra for Commerce||Suitable for Economics Majors and Minors.|
|MAT135H1-F & MAT136H1-S: Calculus 1 (A & B)||Minimum requirement for Economics Specialists.|
|MAT137Y1-Y: Calculus 1||Minimum requirement for Economics and Mathematics Specialists.|
For the first two weeks of class, you will meet in your FLC during the scheduled meeting time (Fridays 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.). After this initial period, your FLC will move to a bi-weekly schedule. Your FLC will meet 13 times over the course of the academic year. To receive the FLC notation on your transcript, you will need to attend 10 of the 13 FLC sessions.
In Arts & Science know things are evolving and with that in mind we’re planning for a flexible approach that will provide students with choices to learn in-person or online. We hope to be able to provide you with a timetable for your FLC-related courses in mid- to late-June. You can view descriptions of the FLC-related courses you will be enrolled in under the “Overview” section.
Please note these timetables are TENTATIVE and subject to change.
- First-year students in the Faculty of Arts & Science who have been admitted to the Social Sciences admission category on the St. George Campus.
- The Economics FLC is open to first-year students living off-campus and students living in a university residence.
- Registration & Notification: Apply to FLC before the deadline of Monday 13 July 2020 at 9:00 a.m. You will receive notification if you have been accepted to the program by Friday 17 July 2020.
- Enrolment: Before Thursday 23 July 2020, students admitted to the Economics FLC will be automatically enrolled into the core courses outlined above and their FLC session.
- Your Other Courses: Starting on Thursday 23 July 2020, you will begin enrolling into other first-year courses at your scheduled course enrolment time.
*Remember to enroll in one of the above noted calculus courses.