The Computer Science First-Year Learning Communities (FLCs) are for students interested in studying Computer Science. Along with learning the fundamental FLC curriculum, the Computer Science FLC will provide you with opportunities to meet with start-up entrepreneurs in the IT industry and learn strategies to find internships. You will also have the opportunity to build meaningful relationships with Computer Science professors, upper-year students and alumni.
If you are accepted into the Computer Science FLC, you will be automatically enrolled into the same first-year courses (and accompanying tutorials) as the other members of your FLC. These courses form a part of the Computer Science program:
|CSC110Y1-F: Foundations of Computer Science||MAT137Y1-Y: Calculus with Proofs|
|CSC111H1-S: Foundations of Computer Science II||FLC: Fridays, 3:30-5:00 p.m.|
* You may opt to take MAT157Y1 instead of MAT137Y1. It will be your responsibility to enrol yourself in MAT157Y1. Please consult with your College Registrar's Office if you have questions about the two courses.
For the first two weeks of class, you will meet in your FLC during the scheduled meeting time (Fridays 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.). After this initial period, your FLC will move to a bi-weekly schedule. Your FLC will meet 13 times over the course of the academic year. To receive the FLC notation on your transcript, you will need to attend 10 of the 13 FLC sessions.
In Arts & Science know things are evolving and with that in mind we’re planning for a flexible approach that will provide students with choices to learn in-person or online. We hope to be able to provide you with a timetable for your FLC-related courses in mid- to late-June. You can view descriptions of the FLC-related courses you will be enrolled in under the “Overview” section.
Please note these timetables are TENTATIVE and subject to change.
If you are unable to access this material due to an accessibility issue, please contact email@example.com.
- First-year students in the Faculty of Arts & Science who have been admitted to the Computer Science admission category on the St George Campus.
- The Computer Science FLCs are open to first-year students living off-campus and students living in a university residence.
- Registration & Notification: Apply to FLC before the deadline of Monday 13 July 2020 at 9:00 a.m.. You will receive notification if you have been accepted to the program by Friday 17 July 2020.
- Enrolment: Before Thursday 23 July 2020, students admitted to the Computer Science FLC will be automatically enrolled into the core courses outlined above and their FLC session.
- Your Other Courses: Starting on Thursday 23 July 2020, you will begin enrolling into other first-year courses at your scheduled course enrolment time.