The Actuarial Science First-Year Learning Community (FLC) is for students interested in studying Actuarial Science. Along with learning the fundamental FLC curriculum, the Actuarial Science FLC will provide you with the opportunity to learn about the exam processes for Actuaries, Excel functions that are industry standards (e.g. vlookup, pivot table) and visit the Rotman Commerce Finance Lab.
If you are accepted into the Actuarial Science FLC, you will be automatically enrolled into the same first-year courses (and accompanying labs and tutorials) as the other members of your FLC. These courses form a part of the Actuarial Science program:
|ECO101H1-F: Principles of Microeconomics||MAT137Y1-Y: Calculus 1|
|ECO102H1-S: Principles of Macroeconomics||Actuarial Science FLC: Fridays 2:00-3:30 p.m.|
* You may opt to take MAT157Y1 instead of MAT137Y1. You may choose to additionally take MAT223H1.
For the first two weeks of class, you will meet in your FLC during the scheduled meeting time (Fridays 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.). After this initial period, your FLC will move to a bi-weekly schedule. Your FLC will meet 13 times over the course of the academic year. To receive the FLC notation on your transcript, you will need to attend 10 of the 13 FLC sessions.
Your Fall Timetable:
Your Winter Timetable:
You may wish to enroll in higher-level Math. To do so, you may drop MAT137Y1-Y added by the Learning Communities Office and then following the standard procedures during your assigned course enrolment time (starting 25 July 2019).
If you are admitted to the FLC program before 25 July, you will be automatically enrolled into the schedule below. If you are admitted after 25 July, you will only be enrolled into the FLC section and you are responsible for enrolling yourself in the other courses outlined below.
- First-year students in the Faculty of Arts & Science who have been admitted to the Physical & Mathematical Science admission category on the St George Campus.
- Registration & Notification: Apply to FLC before the deadline of Friday 12 July 2019. You will receive notification if you have been accepted to the program by Friday 19 July 2019.
- Enrolment: Before 25 July 2019, students admitted to the Actuarial Science FLC will be automatically enrolled into the core courses outlined above and their FLC session.
- Your Other Courses: Starting on 25 July 2019, you will begin enrolling into other first-year courses at your scheduled course enrollment time (which can be viewed on 19 July 2019).