The Economics First-Year Learning Community (FLC) is for students interested in studying Economics.
If you are accepted into the Economics FLC, you will be automatically enrolled into the same first-year courses (and accompanying labs and tutorials) as the other members of your FLC. These courses form a part of the Economics program:
|ECO101H1-F: Principles of Microeconomics||Economics FLC: Fridays 2:00-3:30 p.m.|
|ECO102H1-S: Principles of Macroeconomics|
As an Economics FLC student, you are responsible for selecting and enrolling yourself into one of the following calculus courses (*this is a FLC program requirement). Your choice of first-year calculus course depends of your planned program of study:
|MAT133Y1-Y: Calculus and Linear Algebra for Commerce||Suitable for Economics Majors and Minors.|
|MAT135H1-F & MAT136H1-S: Calculus 1 (A & B)||Minimum requirement for Economics Specialists.|
|MAT137Y1-Y: Calculus 1||Minimum requirement for Economics and Mathematics Specialists.|
For the first two weeks of class, you will meet in your FLC during the scheduled meeting time (Fridays 2:00 to 3:30 p.m.). After this initial period, your FLC will move to a bi-weekly schedule. Your FLC will meet 13 times over the course of the academic year. To receive the FLC notation on your transcript, you will need to attend 10 of the 13 FLC sessions.
Your Fall Timetable:
Your Winter Timetable:
If you are admitted to the FLC program before 25 July, you will be automatically enrolled into the schedule below. If you are admitted after 25 July, you will only be enrolled into the FLC section and you are responsible for enrolling yourself in the other courses outlined below.
- First-year students in the Faculty of Arts & Science who have been admitted to the Economics admission category on the St. George Campus.
- The Economics FLCs are open to first-year students living off-campus and students living in a university residence.
- Registration & Notification: Apply to FLC before the deadline of Friday 12 July 2019. You will receive notification if you have been accepted to the program by Friday 19 July 2019.
- Enrolment: Before 25 July 2019, students admitted to the Economics FLC will be automatically enrolled into the core courses outlined above and their FLC session.
- Your Other Courses: Starting on 25 July 2019, you will begin enrolling into other first-year courses at your scheduled course enrollment time (which can be viewed on 19 July 2019).
*Remember to enroll in one of the above noted calculus courses.